Corona Virus Update
Following the Indian River Public Schools and the recommendations of the CDC, all Crossover programming is currently suspended. However, our commitment to the health and well-being of our students will not waver. Crossover staff is in constant communication with students/families and continue to provide support during this unsettling time in the following ways:
- All Crossover families will receive continued one-on-one communication from a Crossover staff member to ensure that they are physically and emotionally safe and have access to the information they need related to health care and food security. The SDIRC Mobile Cafe schedule will continue to be posted on social media and all family communication to ensure that all children under 18 have access to breakfast and lunch during the week. (see below)
- Support will be offered by Crossover staff, when necessary, to collect school-provided computers and access internet “hot spots” as schools begin to transition to digital learning.
- In the interest of safety, no volunteers will be working in person with Crossover students during this time. However, online academic mentoring will be made available to any student wishing to use time away from school to complete unfinished assignments or work on a difficult subject.
- Crossover is committed to helping the kids who needs us most. If the schools remain closed after the upcoming Spring break, we will continue to develop a plan to support our students as they transition to an online learning environment.
- Click here for up-to-date information from the Indian River Schools