Crossover Training is Going Mobile
Home Grown Retreats
Crossover is working harder than ever to stay connected with our kids. We are not satisfied with limitations and will not allow our student-athletes to slide backward academically or physically. We are steady and still here. While most summer camps are now canceled, we’re creating our own plan to keep our kids safe, engaged, and practicing social distancing. We are now safely conducting individual basketball training and ball handling to reward students who met our 3 A’s (Academics, Attendance, and Attitude) during the COVID-19 shutdown.
Our summer plans include:
- Academic Mentoring for Crossover student-athletes taking summer school or wishing to improve their GPAs by retaking a course
- SAT/ACT Test Prep
- Fun Enrichment and Experiential Learning Outings including student leadership retreats, fine dining, summer reading challenges, and elite training
- One-on-one graduation and college planning for high school student/players
- Student/Parent prep for IEP/504 Plans for the 2020-21 school year
- 2K Video game tournament/challenges
- A weekly Fun Friday which will be held at Community Church of Vero Beach
- We are also partnered with The Rowing Club of Vero Beach to allow a selected group of student-athletes to participate in week-long rowing camps
If you’d like to help support Crossover with any of our summer activities please click here.
Congrats to Our Grads!
|We are Super Proud of You! Congratulations to our 2020 graduating seniors left to right: James McDonald, Nate Shalom, and Tony Jones. All three students are graduating from Sebastian River High School. |
James finished his 4th and final quarter of high school with all A’s and has recently applied for an apprenticeship program at Piper Aircraft. James plans to enroll at IRSC in the fall for technical courses to pursue welding.
Nate is our 2019 recipient of the Kamaree Lyons Student Achievement Award. Nate plans to stay connected to Crossover as a coaching intern for the coming school year while attending IRSC and then transfer to a state University for his sophomore year.
Tony is an amazing young man and a talented artist. He plans to attend IRSC for two years after graduation and transfer to Ringling College of Art & Design in Sarasota, FL.
By the Numbers
Fourth Quarter Results
7 Crossover students earned straight As
35 Crossover students earned A/B Honor Roll
89% of our students completed the 19-20 academic school year with a GPA of 2.71+ or higher
6% of our students finished the 19-20 academic year with a 2.0 – 2.7 GPA
We offer updates through email every month. For the rest of our newsletter please fill out your name and email below.